“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” ― W.B. Yeats
About Linda Hamm Grez
Linda Hamm Grez 425-831-7808 Email: email@example.com
Candidate for Snoqualmie Valley School District Director Position 2
Local government Elected experience: 12 years as Commissioner, Si View Metropolitan Park District.
Education: BA, St. John’s College, Annapolis, MD; Bronx High School of Science, NY
Employment: Small business owner/entrepreneur, local marine product manufacturer (PropEle Electric Boat Motors).
Extensive Community Leadership Experience: My school and community organizing, volunteering and leadership roles include President of 2 PTA/PTSAs, Music Boosters Association, and Sno-Valley Indoor Playground, as well as a member of our School District’s High School Design team and Middle School Visioning committee. Volunteering in our schools for hundreds of hours, being a parent and as a community leader I have observed closely how schools and the District operate.
My goal is to accelerate the improvement of the Snoqualmie Valley School District by better connecting it to our families and the Valley community so it can provide the best educational programs and resources available for all of our students. We should set higher standards for the District’s performance so our children can benefit from the best possible education available.
I will advocate for:
1. Transparency and visibility in planning and resource allocation of our tax dollars, allowing for meaningful dialogue with families. For instance, other Districts provide more and more regular information on budgets and finance in narrative format. That means community members can understand the numbers and provide meaningful input on spending priorities which impact our schools and our children every day.
2. Growing the District’s role as partner with local families, Valley organizations and resources as well as outside resources. In the 21st century, families can be provided access to many resources to help their children grow and learn.
If elected I will provide:
- Energy and proven commitment to our schools and our children’s future
- Courage to ask difficult questions and advocate for positive changes
- Experience in an elected local position; knowledge of how government works
Curiosity and a love of learning are the best things we can instill in our students.
Get in Touch
Linda Hamm Grez
10404 428th Ave SE, North Bend WA 98045